Logistics is the integrated planning, organization, provision, and control of all the information and goods flows that take place within and between companies.
Packaging, Storage, Delivery
Logistics: Need a special type of packaging? Want to have the products delivered “just in time” or directly, or is it KANBAN, vendor-managed inventory (VMI), or order picking that you’re after? Tell us what you want…
…and together we’ll come up with the best possible solution for your process.
- Just-in-time production (alternatively known as “lean manufacturing”) is an organizational principle whereby the material is only produced and delivered in the quantities and at the time actually necessary for filling the customer orders.
- Direct delivery: The trader purchases an item from the supplier and sells it on to a customer. The supplier (manufacturer) delivers the item directly to the customer.
- KANBAN: This is a self-regulating production method that relies on what is known as the “pull” principle. The “pull” principle means that the manufacturer only produces what the customer actually needs.
- Vendor-managed inventory: With VMI, the supplier assumes responsibility for the inventory of products held by the customer. The inventory held by the customer is fully controlled by the supplier.
- Order picking: Order picking is the process of taking certain subsets (articles) from an overall set (range of goods) and putting them together on the basis of orders.
Consultation or Appointment